1. McKEEVERS ARMY BITTERS,
(Ring/Ham, M-58), American, ca. 1865 - 1875, amber cannonballs on a drum, 10 1/2h, smooth base, applied tapered collar mouth.
Perfect condition. An important post Civil War bottle made to appeal to the thousands of traumatized or crippled Civil War soldiers returning from the war.
| ||18|| $ 5,000|
2. BROWNS / CELEBRATED / INDIAN HERB BITTERS - PATENTED / FEB. 11 / 1868, (Ring/Ham, B-226), Pennsylvania, ca. 1867 - 1875, amber Indian Princess, 12 1/4h, smooth base, inward rolled lip.
Perfect condition and with the highly desirable fully intact inward rolled lip. An American classic! Larry Umbreit Collection.
| ||13|| $ 700|
3. PROFESSOR / GEO/ J. BYRNE / NEW YORK - THE / GREAT / UNIVERSAL / COMPOUND / STOMACH / BITTERS / PATENTED / 1870 - U.S.A." (Ring/Ham, B-280), New York, ca. 1870 - 1875, amber, 10 1/2h, smooth base, applied double collar mouth.
A 1 1/2 in size repair has been made to a base corner.
| ||3|| $ 800|
4. DIDIERS - BITTERS, (Ring/Ham, D-72), American, ca. 1880 - 1895, yellow amber, 7 3/4h, concave side panels, smooth base, tooled lip.
A pinhead in size flake is off a panel edge at the base. Also a spot of shoulder wear. Very rare, the last auction record was in 1999! Larry Umbreit Collection.
| ||7|| $ 250|
5. (Lot of 2), DOYLES - HOP - BITTERS - 1872 / (motif of a cluster of hops), (Ring/Ham, D-94), New York, ca. 1872 - 1880, shades of amber semi-cabins, 9 5/8h, smooth bases, applied double collar mouths, one has a 90% original label.
Both bottles are in perfect condition, but each has a different cluster of hops embossing. Bill Litle Collection.
| ||7|| $ 100|
6. ST / DRAKES / 1860 / PLANTATION / X / BITTERS - PATENTED / 1862, (Ring/Ham, D-104), New York, ca. 1862 - 1875, reddish amber color 6-log cabin, 10 1/4 h, smooth base, applied tapered collar mouth.
A very faint 1/4 vertical cooling crack is in a log tip, also a minor open surface bubble. This is the rare variant that has 6-logs above each of the four panels, two of the panels have four rivet marks. Bill Litle Collection.
| ||9|| $ 160|
7. ST / DRAKES / 1860 / PLANTATION / X / BITTERS - PATENTED / 1862, (Ring/Ham, D-105), New York, ca. 1862 - 1875, medium reddish puce 6-log cabin, 10h, smooth base, applied tapered collar mouth.
About perfect condition, nice glass whittle. A very eye appealing window bottle!
| ||5|| $ 220|
8. THE / FISH BITTERS - W.H. WARE / PATENT 1866, (Ring/Ham, F-46), Pennsylvania, ca. 1866 - 1875, deep amber fish, 11 3/4h, W.H. WARE / PATENT 1866 on smooth base, applied ring mouth.
The bottle is free of damage, but has a very weak impression, especially on The Fish Bitters side. Larry Umbreit Collection.
| ||14|| $ 210|
9. GORDONS / KIDNEY AND LIVER / BITTERS - A MOST EFFECTIVE CATHARTIC / AND / BLOOD PURIFIER, (Ring/Ham, G-77), American, ca. 1880 - 1890, golden yellowish amber, 9 1/4h, smooth base, tooled lip.
Perfect condition, full of tiny seed bubbles. Heres a rare one! Larry Umbreit Collection.
| ||9|| $ 275|
10. GREELEYS / BOURBON WHISKEY / BITTERS - GREELEYS, (Ring/Ham, G-102), Massachusetts, ca. 1860 - 1875, medium pinkish topaz barrel, 9 1/2h, smooth base, applied mouth.
A tiny in making tooling flaw is on the side of the lip. Wonderful, pleasing light color barrel and in attic found condition. Ex. Howard Crowe Collection.
| ||3|| $ 700|
11. HOLTZERMANNS / PATENT / STOMACH / BITTERS, (Ring/Ham, H-154), Ohio, ca. 1880 - 1895, amber cabin, 9 3/4, smooth base, tooled lip.
Pristine perfect condition, bold impression and no trace of wear. An exceptional example!
| ||11|| $ 375|
12. JOHN / MOFFAT - PHOENIX / BITTERS - PRICE $1.00 - NEW YORK, (Ring/Ham, M-112), New York, ca. 1835 - 1850, medium yellowish olive color, 5 3/4h, open pontil, applied tapered collar mouth.
A bubble located near the letter J has a tiny opening in its outer glass. Nice color, lighter than many and the tiny flaw takes little away from its overall appearance.
| ||15|| $ 450|
13. (Lot of 2) The Household Companion and Family Receipt Book and a The Family Book of Knowledge, New York, ca. 1857 and 1868, paper booklets, 7 1/2 by 4 1/2 in size.
Some minor discoloration, but considering their age are in overall excellent condition. Both were published to promote John Moffats Phoenix Bitters, Vegetable Life Pills and Pages Climax Salve and have numerous testimonials.
| ||0|| $ 20 *|
14. OLD SACHEM / BITTERS / AND / WIGWAM TONIC, (Ring/Ham, O-46), New York, ca. 1860 - 1870, strawberry puce barrel, 9 1/4h, smooth base, applied mouth.
Some external light spotty dullness is mostly away from the embossing. Nice pure puce color that lacks any trace of amber and looks great in any lightning!
| ||6|| $ 550|
15. PATENTED / 1863 / OK / PLANTATION / 1840, (Ring/Ham, pg. 408), American, ca. 1863 - 1870, medium peach topaz color, triangular form, 11 1/4h, smooth base, applied tapered collar mouth.
A faint 3/8 in length spider crack is located on a panel edge at the base. Nice example in a rare and beautiful color. Forget about the non-offensive flaw, its the color that counts!
| ||2|| $ 1,300|