1. ANGELICA / BITTERS / OR / POOR MANS TONIC / GEO. H. FICKART / CIRCLEVILLE / OHIO, (Ring/Ham, A-58), Ohio, ca. 1885 - 1895, aqua, 7 5/8h, W.T. & CO. / U.S.A. on smooth base, tooled lip.
A rare Ohio bitters bottle! Perfect condition.
| ||3|| $ 150|
2. BARNETT & LIONS - (motif of a standing soldier) - NEW ORLEANS LA, (Ring/Ham, B-26L), Louisiana, ca. 1865 - 1875, reddish amber, 9 5/8h, smooth base, applied tapered collar mouth.
Lightly cleaned to near perfect condition (a few very light scratches). We auctioned this extremely rare bottle in 2003 and have not seen another. An advertisement in the March 2, 1866 edition of the New Orleans Times stated that Barnett & Lions sold their Gray Jacket Bitters at 81 and 83 Gravier Street in New Orleans. Dave Kyle Collection.
| ||22|| $ 4,000|
3. BECKS - HERB BITTERS - YORK, PA., (Ring/Ham, B-46), Pennsylvania, ca. 1870 - 1880, medium amber, 9 3/4h, smooth base, applied tapered collar mouth.
Perfect condition, and not an easy bottle to find!
| ||8|| $ 450|
4. BEN-HUR CELEBRATED / STOMACH BITTERS / NEW ORLEANS - (reverse side is identical), (Ring/Ham, B-70), Louisiana, ca. 1885 - 1900, medium amber, 8 3/4h, smooth base, tooled lip.
About perfect. This is the rare variant that has the Ben-Hur embossing over the peened out HICKEY'S embossing, (H-114).
| ||17|| $ 400|
5. BEGGS / DANDELION BITTERS - SIOUX CITY / IOWA, (Ring/Ham, B-73), Iowa, ca. 1880 - 1890, yellow with amber tone, 9 1/8h, smooth base, tooled lip.
Perfect condition and has numerous tiny air bubbles. Plenty of yellow in this one! Rated as rare and considerably harder to find then the Chicago embossed bottle! Ex. Carlyn Ring Collection.
| ||19|| $ 1,300|
6. BISSELLS / TONIC BITTERS / PATENTED. JANY, 21, 1868 - O.P. BISSELL / PEORIA ILL, (Ring/Ham, B-109.5), American, ca. 1870 - 1880, orange amber, 9h, smooth base, applied tapered collar mouth.
Lightly cleaned to perfect condition, big letter embossing, rated as very rare!
| ||4|| $ 230|
7. BOTANIC / (motif of the Sphinx) / BITTERS - HERZBERG BROS - NEW YORK, (Ring/Ham, B-165), New York, ca. 1865 - 1875, medium amber, 9 3/4h, smooth base, applied tapered double collar mouth.
A few light scattered scratches, otherwise in excellent overall condition. Some glass whittle and air bubbles. An unusual form, with an unusual embossing!
| ||13|| $ 650|
8. BOURBON WHISKEY / BITTERS, (Ring/Ham, B-171), Massachusetts, ca. 1860 - 1870, deep strawberry puce barrel, 9 1.4h, smooth base, applied mouth.
Some areas of light spotty external haze, but no form of damage. Brent Culver Collection.
| ||12|| $ 600|
9. BOURBON WHISKEY / BITTERS, (Ring/Ham, B-171), Massachusetts, ca. 1860 - 1870, medium smoky purple color barrel, 9 1/4h, smooth base, applied mouth.
About perfect (a tiny open surface bubble). Highly whittled and in a very eye pleasing color! A very high percentage of Bourbon Whiskey Bitters are in various shades of puce (check the auction records), so it is very refreshing to find one in this very rare and unusual purple coloration! Dave Kyle Collection.
| ||1|| $ 1,500|
10. BROWNS CATALINA, (Ring/Ham, pg. 120), American, ca. 1865 - 1875, yellowish amber Spanish cannon form bottle, 11h, smooth base, applied double collar mouth, a 80% original label in part reads: Browns Catalina, Wine Tonic or Vino Catalina, Best Tonic and Invigorator in the World etc.
About perfect, (a pinhead in size flake is off the outer edge of the lip). I guess at least this bottle dispels the thinking that it contained a bitters! Ex. Larry Umbreit Collection. Dave Kyle Collection.
| ||8|| $ 425|
11. BROWNS / CELEBRATED / INDIAN HERB BITTERS - PATENTED 1867, (Ring/Ham, B-223), Pennsylvania, ca. 1867 - 1875, deep chocolate amber Indian Princess figural bottle, 12 1/4h, smooth base, inward rolled lip.
About perfect (a tiny skin deep surface bubble is located by the right arm). An exceptionally clean example in a scarce color and with a more desirable fully intact inward rolled lip! An American classic!
| ||15|| $ 1,200|
12. BROWNS / CELEBRATED / INDIAN HERB BITTERS - PATENTED / FEB 11 / 1868, (Ring/Ham, B-226), Pennsylvania, ca. 1868 - 1875, golden yellow amber Indian Princess, 12 1/8h, smooth base, inward rolled lip.
About perfect. Strong impression, fully intact rolled lip and in an attractive color with considerably more yellow than most. Brent Culver Collection.
| ||17|| $ 1,600|
13. M.J. BURKHOLDERS / CELEBRATED / GERMAN BITTERS / MANHEIM, PA., (Ring/Ham, B-269.5), Pennsylvania, ca. 1885 - 1895, aqua, 5 3/4h, smooth base tooled lip.
A 3/8 sliver type chip follows the contour of a corner base panel, otherwise in perfect condition. Extremely rare, having no auction record. What a novel approach to marketing a medicine. Manheim, Pennsylvania is in Lancaster, County the home of many Pennsylvania, German settlers!
| ||24|| $ 1,500|
14. BERNHEIM BROS. / & URI / LOUISVILLE / KY (on an applied seal) / ULBRIGHT / RELIABLE / IMPORT CO / TINCTURE / OF / CENTAURY / BITTERS - BLOOD PURIFIER - STOMACH TONIC, (Ring/Ham, C-111), Kentucky, ca. 1870 - 1880, yellowish amber quart, 9 5/8h, smooth base, applied double collar mouth.
Cleaned, but retains some minor ground imperfections. Extremely rare, possibly unique and is the example made reference to in the Ring/Ham book.
| ||20|| $ 1,900|
15. CLARKES / VEGETABLE / SHERRY / WINE / BITTERS / SHARON MASS, (Ring/Ham, C-155), Massachusetts, ca. 1850 - 1865, bluish aqua gallon, 14h, smooth base, applied tapered collar mouth has some in-making neck crazing lines, 65% original label.
Pristine attic found condition, lots of glass whittle, big and impressive looking!
| ||16|| $ 1,200|